Sunday, July 5, 2009

Arizona + 4th of July


Andrew and I just got back from our Goff family reunion in Flagstaff, AZ. In mormon terminology, we had an freakin' ultra super time. Eight days of time-off work bliss. We flew into Phoenix where it was 100 degrees... at 11pm. Awesome. Coming from 50 degrees in Seattle.... basic heat stroke.
We stayed over night at a complete stranger's adorable house in Gilbert. (Even had a house key! Thanks Melissa!). They were so generous to let us stay in their house while they are in UT for the summer. I am going to duplicate their house when we have one it was so cute.
Well, Andrew and I got some quality time in with his cute cousins + Grandpa who also live there. Everyone lived within 5 miles of each other, which was a handy coincidence.
Gilbert is amazing. We have relatives there, really good shopping, SUN, and the BEST food. Can that be beat? I think not. We are talking Gecko Grill, Texas Roadhouse, Cafe Rio, and Sonic. It's been a YEAR without a Strawberry Limeade, so forgive me if I sound a little bit desperate.
After a few fun days in Gilbert getting to know Andrew's cousins, we headed north to somewhat less hot Flagstaff
. 90 degrees instead of 100. I'll take what we can get.
We stayed in sweet little cabins that had showers and flushing toilets. That is what I call camping! We were there for 3 days chilling with family and sightseeing. We were able to see Meteor Crater (where I got a rockin farmers tan/sunburn unfortunately), Snowbowl Skyride (terrifying), and Sedona (one of the most beautiful towns in the world). The red-rock there was gorgeous.





Snowbowl Sky Ride
12,900 ft. of sheer terror for the heights-impaired.

















View from the top of the lift.... worth the scare.
















It was about 1 zillion degrees this day.





Andrew of course looks perfect,
While I am dripping with sweat.
It was about 110, ideal hiking weather.



















Highest toilet in Arizona...I'm proud to be a part of this picture.











We had so much fun we didn't want to leave. Possibly we will go back very soon....
On our return trip, our plane touched down about 1 am on the 4th. A few hours later we ended up at my friend Jessica's house to celebrate the 4th. Her dad owns a cabin out on a lake in Snohomish.









Sedona. My favorite sight of the trip.



















Sedona Valley












We had a fun 4th of July with some of my coworkers..........





During the BBQ right when we arrived.














Pretty sunset over the forest.




































Fireworks right over water.



1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! Lynsie, I found your blog!! We have one too @ littlefarmerfamily.blogspot.com. You guys look so good!!

    ReplyDelete